Welcome Service


The following pages give you an overview on housing possibilities in Kiel.

If you would like to find a place to live, that is close to the city center and to the University campus, it is recommended that you begin your search for accommodation as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Housing marked

Private housing offers

Kiel University´s guest houses

Accommodation for students

Overnight lodgings (Hotels, hostels ...)

Districts close to campus

Surrounding towns and districts

Here you can find information about common abbreviations in housing advertisements

Residents registration:
To register as a resident in Kiel you have to report your address within two weeks of moving to Kiel in the city hall (Fleethörn 9, 24103 Kiel) Registration information (Anmeldung). If you rent an appartment or house, your landlord has to confirm you as tenant. A certificate of registration and/or a proof of residence can be obtained in the city hall after registration: Certificate of registration and Proof of residence.